in a joyful, safe environment
- We are pleased you are considering The Long Ridge School for your child. Our admissions process is designed to be a comfortable and informative experience during which you learn about The Long Ridge School’s philosophy, programs, and community and our admissions team learns about your child and family.
The Admissions Process
Step 1: Create Student Profile
Visit our Family Portal to create your prospective student profile.
Step 2: Parent/Guardian Tour
- Arrange an individual tour and information session with our Director of Admissions while classes are in session (Summer tours are also conducted to tour the campus and facilities, less experiencing the classrooms in session).
- Tours are scheduled for Monday through Friday mornings.
- You may visit before an application has been submitted.
Step 3: Submit Your Application
- Applicants should be age-appropriate for grade by August 31st (For example, a child entering our Kindergarten should be 5 by August 31st). However, the Long Ridge School evaluates each child’s school readiness and class placement on an individual basis. Although we consider parental/guardian input, professional assessment, and the child’s specific needs, the final decision of an offer of admission and specific grade and class placement rests solely with the school administration.
- Applications are accepted all year. Class size is limited, so it is advantageous to apply early.
- We also accept Standard Application Online (SAO).
Step 7: Financial Aid
- Acceptance to Long Ridge is not based on financial need.
- All applications for financial aid should be submitted by January 15th. Information is available through the Admissions Office or on the website.
Step 4: Arrange a Student Visit
- Beginners and Nursery applicants visit briefly in the classroom with their parents.
- Kindergarten through Grade 5 applicants visit the classroom in the morning and complete an individual screening with our Learning Specialist.
- Parents/Guardians may meet with our Head of School to ask questions and learn more about Long Ridge.
Step 5: Submit Supplemental Forms
These forms available on the Parent Portal are to be signed by you and completed by your child’s current principal/Head of School and teachers, then sent to The Long Ridge School directly from the applicant’s school, including all report cards and transcripts. All information is confidential.
- Independent School Teacher Recommendation Form—Nursery through Grade 5.
- Independent School Common Report and Transcript Release Form—Kindergarten through Grade 5.
Step 6: Acceptance Decisions
Applicant families for our Beginners and Nursery will be notified via acceptance letters soon after completing the application and student visit. Acceptance letters will be sent out in early February for Kindergarten through Grade 5 applicants.